Savannah region, central region and highlands
Results from 2018:
- 1,5‰ of mortality rates among children under 5 covered by mutual health insurance supported by Louvain Coopération in the central region, instead of 3‰ in the whole region.
- 14.3% increase in savings, rising to 2.8 million euros, as well as a 16.4% increase in the gross loan portfolio, rising to 4.7 million euros.
- 984 tons of paddy rice produced.
- 54,24 tons of parboiled rice produced.
Access to healthcare
- support and development of mutual health insurance
- health system strengthening
Partners : UMUSAS, Mutuelle Tchaoudjo, CNCMUT, 3ASC)
Food and economic security
- support for entrepreneurship to improve household incomes
- development of savings and the micro-credit system via UCMECS
- support for family farming and the processing of family farm products, including the parboiling of rice
Partners : RAFIA, UCMECS, GEL Nord Togo
KOFFI, CENTRAL REGION
"I'm a taxi driver. My household has been a member of the Tchamba mutual health insurance since its creation in 2012 because the mutual health insurance saves a lot of lives here in Affem-Boussou and we are witnesses to that. When I am travelling for work, I do not worry about my family's health. From 2020, I too will be able to get treatment in all the health centres in the localities of the Central Region because we have just been informed that the care package has been harmonised this year for all the 5 mutual insurance companies that are members of the Union."