Mono and Atakora Departments
Results from 2019:
- 13,046 cases of illness covered by mutual health insurance companies, representing a rate of 101.83% of health service use by mutual members.
- 3.5‰ of mortality rate for children under 5 are covered by the mutual health insurance companies compared to 9,5‰ in the general population.
- 1,841 beneficiaries and 154 small businesses were supported by the services of the South Benin Local Economy Desk (GEL – Guichet d’Economie Locale in FR).
- 236 members (including 176 women) of cassava processing cooperatives in the Mono Department benefited from functional literacy classes.
Access to healthcare
- support and development of mutual health insurance/li>
- strengthening of health system
Partners : UMUSOP, REMUSA ZS-C « MIVO »
Food and economic security
- strengthening and training of small entrepreneurs
- support for the processing and distribution of fonio in the Atakora department
- sevelopment of cassava processing and sales in the Mono department
Partners: GEL Nord Benin, GEL Sud Benin, GROPERE
JOSÉPHINE, ATACORA DEPARTEMENT
"I am the president of a fonio processors' association. Since our products have received quality certification, we have had more and more customers who trust us and order more of our processed products. We rigorously apply all the hygiene rules we have learned to maintain this course."