La Paz, Chuquisaca and Oruro Departments
Results from 2018:
- 407 producer families and 45 production units were supported in their economic development.
- 947 children were made aware of the importance of healthy eating.
- 488 caregivers and 3,101 people from the educational community were trained in the prevention of diabetes and hypertension.
- 10 self-help groups with 165 members have been established to receive women victims of domestic violence and people suffering from diabetes or hypertension.
Food and economic security
- supporting producers or groups of producers in their economic development
- technical support for farmers in rural areas
- supporting vegetable gardening in urban and peri-urban areas
Partners : Aprosar, Alternativas, Esperanza Bolivia
- training of health care personnel in the management of non-communicable diseases (diabetes, hypertension, obesity)
- prevention and management of diabetes and hypertension
- prevention and support for women victims of gender-based violence
Partners : Aprosar, CIES et Esperanza Bolivia
ROXANA, ORURO DEPARTEMENT
"In the past, I had to sweep the streets to provide for my little girl. Now, thanks to the training I received in baking, I was able to start my small business and have a better income. It is a better life every day, for my little girl and for myself..."